Latest press releases
- Hindustan Lever Limited- September Quarter 2003 Results
Hindustan Lever Limited (HLL) has posted a strong 6.8% sales growth in the September Quarter of 2003, excluding disposed businesses, and 4.2%, including disposed businesses.HLL disposed its Edible Oils and Fats business during the quarter.
- HLL COMPLETES TRANSFER OF EDIBLE OILS AND FATS BUSINESS
Hindustan Lever Limited (HLL) has completed the transfer of its domestic Edible Oils and Fats Business in India and Nepal to Bunge Limited. The transfer was accomplished with the signing of necessary documents on August 28, 2003.
- MFIL CLOSES ORDER STARVED, IDLE FACTORY BID TO SUSTAIN JOBS; BOTTOMLINE OF OPERATING UNITS
Modern Food Industries (India) Limited (MFIL), has decided to close down its Supplementary Nutritional Foods (SNF) Factory at C-4, Lawrence Road Industrial Area, Delhi. The factory, which employed 71 Workmen, had been lying idle since end March for lack of orders.
- HLL SHAREHOLDERS APPROVE EDIBLE OILS AND FATS DISPOSAL BY 99.86% MAJORITY
Shareholders of Hindustan Lever Limited (HLL) have approved the disposal of the company’s Edible Oils and Fats undertaking to Bunge Agribusiness India Pvt. Ltd., by an overwhelming majority of 99.86% votes. There were 147,45,49,475 votes in favour of the resolution and 21,17,552 against. The polling was done through postal ballot. The results were announced to the shareholders today.
- HINDUSTAN LEVER LIMITED JUNE QUARTER 2003 RESULTS
- POWER BRANDS DRIVE GROWTH FOR THE FIFTH SUCCESSIVE QUARTER
- HPC POWER BRANDS UP BY 4.6%.
- FOODS AND BEVERAGES POWER BRANDS GROW BY 8.3%
- OVERALL CONTINUING BUSINESSES GAIN MOMENTUM AND GROW BY 3.5%.
- OPERATING PROFITS UP BY 8.9%. OPERATING MARGINS INCREASE BY 102 BPS.
- PAT GROWS BY 12.6%
- INTERIM DIVIDEND OF RS. 2.50 PER SHARE, DISTRIBUTION TAX TO BE PAID BY COMPANY
- HLL BOARD GRANTS IN PRINCIPLE APPROVAL FOR TRANSFER OF ITS DOMESTIC EDIBLE OILS AND FATS BUSINESS TO BUNGE
Hindustan Lever Limited (HLL) has signed a Memorandum of Understanding with Bunge Limited for transfer of its domestic Edible Oils and Fats Business in India and Nepal. The Board of HLL, which met this morning, has granted in-principle approval to the proposed transaction subject to approval by shareholders.
- EACH HLL MEGA BRAND TO SCALE RS.1000 CR IN FORESEEABLE FUTURE
Hindustan Lever Limited (HLL) sees each of its mega brands achieving a potential scale of Rs.1000 crores in the foreseeable future, the HLL Chairman, Mr. M.S. Banga, said here today at the company's AGM. HLL's Power Brands now account for 93% of the company's domestic consumer business, and the top five brands together account for sales of over Rs.3000 crores.
- HLL TO SELL GLUCOVITA BRAND TO WIPRO
Hindustan Lever Limited (HLL) entered into a definitive agreement, on 16th April 2003 evening, with Wipro Limited for the sale and transfer of “Glucovita” brand for the territories of India and Nepal.
- HINDUSTAN LEVER LIMITED - MARCH QUARTER 2003 RESULTS
HPC POWER BRANDS GREW BY 8%.
HPC SALES UP BY 5.6% WITH VOLUME GROWTH OF 11%
CONTINUING EXPORTS GREW BY 15.2%.
OPERATING PROFITS UP BY 9.1%. OPERATING MARGINS INCREASE BY 127BPS.
NET PROFIT (COMPARABLE BASIS ) GROWS BY 8.2%
- RBI Approves HLL's Bonus Debenture Scheme
Hindustan Lever Limited (HLL) has received the approval of the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) for Issue and Allotment of Bonus Debentures and Payment of Special Dividend to the non-resident shareholders.
- HLL ACQUIRES COOKED SHRIMP & PASTEURISED CRABMEAT BUSINESS OF AMALGAM GROUP
Hindustan Lever Limited (HLL) announces the acquisition of the Cooked Shrimp and Pasteurised Crabmeat business of the Amalgam group of Companies on a going concern basis. The business was already on wet lease with HLL since July 2000, and has contributed about Rs.200 crores to the company's Exports turnover in 2002. The acquisition is effective from January 1, 2003.
- HLL DOES NOT GAIN FROM DIVIDEND DISTRIBUTION TAX
Hindustan Lever Limited (HLL) clarifies that the company does not stand to gain due to the Budget 2003-04 proposal to replace the taxation of dividends at the hands of shareholders (including tax deduction at source) by a Dividend Distribution Tax at the hands of the company.
- HINDUSTAN LEVER LIMITED - DECEMBER QUARTER 2002 RESULTS
OPERATING PROFITS UP 16.6 %, OPERATING MARGINS UP 390 BPS
DOMESTIC HPC SALES UP 3.7% AND 6.1% IN DQ 02
FOODS AND BEVERAGES MARGINS CONTINUE TO IMPROVE
NET PROFIT (COMPARABLE BASIS) GROWS BY 11.4 %
FINAL DIVIDEND UP BY 20% TO Rs.3.00 PER SHARE
- HLL Launches Hindustan Lever Network
Hindustan Lever today announced the launch of Hindustan Lever Network, a unique Network Marketing opportunity. Hindustan Lever Network aims to be the most preferred business opportunity by partnering its Consultants to success and providing them with a business and self-development opportunity that is truly rewarding.
- HLCL BOARD APPROVES MERGER WITH TCL
The Board of Hind Lever Chemicals Limited (HLCL), which met here today, has approved the proposed merger of the company with Tata Chemicals Limited (TCL).
- HINDUSTAN LEVER & PEPSI FORGE ALLIANCE TO OFFER RANGE OF HOT & COLD BEVERAGES
In a path-breaking tie-up, two FMCG leaders, Hindustan Lever Ltd. and Pepsi Foods Pvt. Ltd. today formed an alliance in India to jointly market through a vending format a full range of hot beverages and soft drinks from their portfolio of world class brands.