Business Partner Code
We formally request our suppliers to respect the principles of our supplier code and adopt practices that are consistent with it.
Unilever’s Supplier Code states that:
- There shall be compliance with all applicable laws and regulations of the country where operations are undertaken.
- There shall be respect for human rights, and no employee shall suffer harassment, physical or mental punishment, or other form of abuse.
- Wages and working hours will, as a minimum, comply with all applicable wage and hour laws, and rules and regulations, including minimum wage, overtime and maximum hours in the country concerned.
- There shall be no use of forced or compulsory labour, and employees shall be free to leave employment after reasonable notice.
- There shall be no use of child labour, and specifically there will be compliance with relevant International Labour Organization (ILO) standards.
- There shall be respect for the right of employees to freedom of association and recognition of employees’ rights to collective bargaining, where allowable by law.
- Safe and healthy working conditions will be provided for all employees.
- Operations will be carried out with care for the environment and will include compliance with all relevant legislation in the country concerned.
- All products and services will be delivered to meet the quality and safety criteria specified in relevant contract elements, and will be safe for their intended use.
- Business will be conducted with integrity. There will be no payments, services, gifts, entertainment or other advantages offered or given to any Unilever employee or third party which are intended to influence the way in which the Unilever employee or third party goes about his or her duties. Similarly Unilever will not offer or give such payments, services, gifts, entertainment or other advantages to any supplier which are intended to influence the way in which the supplier goes about his or her duties. There will be no actual or attempted money laundering.
- Unilever's direct suppliers will take responsibility to require adherence to the principals of this Supplier Code from their direct suppliers and exercise diligence in verifying that these principles are being adhered to in their supply chains.