Unilever is the place where you can bring your purpose to life through the work that you do, creating a better business and a better world. You will work with brands that are loved and improve the lives of our consumers and the communities around us.
We believe that sustainable business growth is only possible when you bring together the best purpose-led talent, and that is what you will find in our Finance team. From Finance Business Partners to Controllers, a broad range of specialists in Expertise Services, everyone works together to achieve our ambitions and build a better business and a better world.
Finance in Hindustan Unilever Limited (HUL) provides a unique opportunity to get involved in the totality of its operations, add value and see the results of your actions.
Broadly HUL finance offers three streams of roles with 60% of roles being in Business Partnering:
Srinivas Phatak, Executive Director, Finance and IT and Chief Financial Officer, HUL
Making the right career choices is hard, sticking to these choices is probably harder. My advice: Go on and seek your true symphony that radiates far beyond the strings that score it.
Developing an understanding of the strategies that drive our growth, you’ll be at the forefront of how we evolve to meet our goals. For example, our finance business partner is a partner for value i.e. unlock growth and margin potential across the value chain (effective partnering). This means connecting various data sets using analytics and information and making the journey from hindsight to insight to foresight. One can also call it the journey from insight to intervention.
Financial Controlling is the fundamental building block of our function. A role here is your opportunity to develop your financial accounting, reporting, and control skills as well as providing objectivity and challenge to the business. This will give you broad exposure to the rest of the business as you build partnerships with the business as a trusted change agent, actively driving the risk management agenda for the business.
Expertise roles allow us to create value across our business and they are a wonderful opportunity to enable experiences which can give you very distinct experiences. Deployed well in our business, expertise is a major source of value. We have many expertise functions including Tax, Treasury, M&A, Competitor Intelligence, Strategy, e-Commerce, Pensions, Sustainability, GCAD, Insurance and Shared Services (ETS)
What do we offer?
Unilever offers an inspirational working environment where you will be mentored and nurtured by bright minds and purpose-led leaders.
Few key elements of our working environment which make people work and stay with us:
- Impactful roles and leading at an early stage
- Varied experiences in areas across Business Partnering, Controlling, and Expertise
- Intrapreneurial spirit to partner new categories and Business Models
- Underpinned by a culture of strong values
- Business leadership (The leadership Factory)
Why should you join us?
- If you have enthusiasm, energy and diverse perspectives to deliver innovative ideas and solutions.
- Develop into your best self. Get inspired by leaders and peers and create life-shaping experiences.
- Be a force for good. Unleash your curiosity and pioneering spirit to make our business win and grow.
- Use your confidence to challenge the status quo for the better, while you learn, improve and make a positive impact.