Our leadership team drives the company, guides our strategy and leads our people. Learn about our directors and management committee here.
We are driven by our purpose of making sustainable living commonplace
With nearly 90 years of heritage in India, Hindustan Unilever Limited (HUL) is India’s largest fast-moving consumer goods company. On any given day, nine out of ten Indian households use one or more of our brands, giving us a unique opportunity to build a brighter future. We are known for our great brands, the positive social impact we create and our belief in doing business the right way. HUL works to create a better future every day and helps people feel good, look good and get more out of life with brands and services that are good for them and the planet.
With 50+ brands spanning 15 distinct categories such as fabric solutions, home and hygiene, life essentials, skin cleansing, skin care, hair care, colour cosmetics, oral care, deodorants, tea, coffee, ice cream & frozen desserts, foods and health food drinks, the company is a part of the everyday life of millions of consumers across India.
Its portfolio includes leading household brands such as Lux, Lifebuoy, Surf excel, Rin, Wheel, Glow & Lovely, Pond’s, Vaseline, Lakmé, Dove, Clinic Plus, Sunsilk, Pepsodent, Closeup, Axe, Brooke Bond, Bru, Knorr, Kissan, Kwality Wall’s, Horlicks and Pureit. HUL is a subsidiary of Unilever, one of the world’s leading suppliers of Food, Home Care, Personal Care and Refreshment products with sales in over 190 countries.
Forbes rated HUL as the most innovative company in India and #8 globally. Aon Hewitt recognised HUL as one of the best companies to work for and we continue to be the ‘Employer of Choice’ across industries.
- ₹50,000+ crore turnover in the financial year 2021-22
- ~ 90 years of presence in India
- 9/10 households in India use our brands
- Our vision is to be a leader in sustainable business
- 50 + brands that are household names
- 16 brands with turnover of over ₹1,000 crores
- 9 million retail outlets sell our products
- 3500+ distributors across the country
- 21,000 employees
- No. 1 employer of choice across industries
- 44/56 gender balance across our management (female/male)
- A proud ally #UnitedWithPride
- 1.16 lakh tonnes of plastic waste collected and safely disposed of in 2021
- 94%* reduction in carbon emissions in manufacturing (Against 2008 baseline*)
- 1.9 trillion litres of cumulative water conservation potential created
- 1.6 lakh rural women micro-entrepreneurs empowered through project Shakti
We believe in continuous innovation to create the products and experiences that people love, and to help realise our vision of making sustainable living commonplace.
Our history is a story of growth powered by ideas and values. Products, brands and profits followed in their wake; and while we will change to meet the challenges of our times, our values will not.
Learn more about our accomplishments & achievements here.
Unilever Global - A business with purpose beyond profit
Back in 1883, Sunlight Soap was launched in the UK by our founder – it was pioneering, it was innovative and it had a purpose to popularise cleanliness and bring it within the reach of ordinary people. That was sustainable living, even then. Unilever now has over 400 brands that are driven by the same sense of purpose.
We want to do more good for our planet and our society, not just less harm. We want to act on the social and environmental issues facing the world and we want to enhance people’s lives with our products. Unilever has been a pioneer, innovator and future-maker for over 130 years. We plan to continue doing that and more so, sustainably.