Our leadership team drives the company, guides our strategy and leads our people. Learn about our directors and management committee here.
We are driven by our purpose of making sustainable living commonplace
Hindustan Unilever Limited is India’s largest Fast Moving Consumer Goods (FMCG) Company with a 90-year heritage in the country.
We are a Company of brands and people driven by our purpose of making sustainable living commonplace.
Nine out of ten Indian households use one or more of our brands to look good, feel good and get more out of life. We have a wide and resilient portfolio of 50+ brands, spanning 16 FMCG categories, which are a part of everyday life of millions of consumers across India.
We manufacture over 65 billion units annually, that are made available to our consumers through nine million retail outlets and many digital commerce platforms.
Our Compass business strategy integrates sustainability across business operations, enabling us to deliver 4G growth, growth that is consistent, competitive, profitable and responsible.
In a rapidly evolving world, where digitisation and sustainability have taken centre stage, we are steadfastly progressing on our purpose-led and future-fit journey.
- ₹58,154+ crore turnover in the financial year 2022-23
- 90years of presence in India
- 9/10 households in India use our brands
- Our vision is to be a leader in sustainable business
- 50+brands that are household names
- 19brands with turnover of ₹1,000 crores per annum.
- 9 million retail outlets sell our products
- 3500+ distributors across the country
- No. 1employer of choice across industries
- 40%gender balance (HUL including subsidiaries)
- A proud ally #UnitedWithPride
- 1,00,000+ tonnesof plastic waste collected and processed in 2022
- 97%* reduction in carbon emissions (kg/per tonne of production) in HUL’s manufacturing*(Against 2008 baseline)
- 2.6 Trillionlitres of cumulative water potential created (FY2021-2022)
- 1.9lakh rural women micro-entrepreneurs empowered through project Shakti
We believe in continuous innovation to create the products and experiences that people love, and to help realise our vision of making sustainable living commonplace.
Our history is a story of growth powered by ideas and values. Products, brands and profits followed in their wake; and while we will change to meet the challenges of our times, our values will not.
Learn more about our accomplishments & achievements here.
Unilever Global - A business with purpose beyond profit
Back in 1883, Sunlight Soap was launched in the UK by our founder – it was pioneering, it was innovative and it had a purpose to popularise cleanliness and bring it within the reach of ordinary people. That was sustainable living, even then. Unilever now has over 400 brands that are driven by the same sense of purpose.
We want to do more good for our planet and our society, not just less harm. We want to act on the social and environmental issues facing the world and we want to enhance people’s lives with our products. Unilever has been a pioneer, innovator and future-maker for over 130 years. We plan to continue doing that and more so, sustainably.